Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Webb makes British title defence

Sam Webb lands a punch Webb was in control from the first round against Concepcion
British light middleweight champion Sam Webb defended his title with an 11th round knockout of Leicester's Martin Concepcion at The Troxy in London.

The swift Webb dominated the early exchanges but, sensing a points defeat, the powerful Concepcion abandoned his cautious tactics in pursuit of victory.

However, Webb's class shone through and an explosive right-hander floored his opponent, the Midlands area champion.

After the win, Webb expressed his pride at "proving his doubters wrong".

"I know a few people don't think I'm the best light middleweight in the country and I don't claim to be," added the 29-year-old Londoner.

"But I'm definitely up there with Ryan Rhodes. He's the best in the division but I'm right on his heels."


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment