Monday, November 22, 2010

Munroe confident of WBC title win

Rendall Munroe Munroe last fought in April, stopping Mexican Victor Terrazas Leicester super-bantamweight Rendall Munroe says his size may give him the upper hand in his WBC title bout against Toshiaki Nishioka in Japan.

The 30-year-old is already in Tokyo preparing for the biggest fight of his career on Sunday 24 October.

He told BBC Radio Leicester: "I think there is a very big size difference between us.

"When I first saw him, I said to my trainer 'no disrespect to the guy but I think I'm going to eat him'."

Munroe added: "It's one of those things, sometimes, you look at certain opponents and you think these are the benefits you've got.

"He [Nishioka] is world champion, so he's good, strong and he's knocked a few lads out.

"So, I'm not going in there underestimating him or disrespecting him in any way. I'm going in there for a good 12 rounds."

Munroe last fought in April, stopping Mexican Victor Terrazas in the ninth round.

The bin-man has been training hard at his gym in Alfreton and has also been in the Algarve on a 10-day training camp ahead of the fight.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment